Bug: if I'm not using Live Messenger, the 'invite via IM' dialog is very confusing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using 'classic' Windows Messenger so I can connect to an internal SIP server, not windows live messenger.

However, when I hit participants | invite others | instant messenger, I get a very confusing dialog.

It says "live messenger is not running" -- fair enough -- then it says "click on the arrow to invite the selected people".

What does that mean? The only list of people I have available is the list of people _already in the meeting_, so inviting them makes no sense. Should it have copied my contacts list over from livemessenger or something? If so, then the "click on this arrow" text+arrow doesn't make any sense if the "yuo're not running livemessenger" text is up, and it shouldn't be showing.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:38 PM

Answers

• If you are running Windows Live Messenger, instead of a message you will see a list of Live Messenger contacts with checkboxes by their names.  At that point, you can select people and click on the arrow to send them invites.

Since you weren't running WLM, you didn't see this list, but the arrow was still there.  We'll definitely investigate making this area clearer in future releases.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Hans

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:53 AM