Launchpad on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use the whs 2011 launchpad on windows 10. Recently, launchpad has failed to properly load and says the server appears to be offline. Once it finally loads after I accept to access server offline, I can access the server via server folders and dashboard but not remote access. Searching on-line for a possible answer some reckons I should use sfc /scannow or   DISM /Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth. However, they both fail. Any ideas as to what parameters I should use or does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this problem? Is this a known problem with the latest update of windows 10?

Regards,

David

Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:55 PM

Answers

• There was a problem with the latest W10 update (see below) but other than that, in my experience, there is not a fundamental problem with W10 and WHS2011:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9e03a85-ad53-4b35-9d3a-1b10a3fc91d9/w10-1511-10586-breaks-whs2011-launchpad?forum=whs2011

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:38 PM
  • Dear all,

after installing Windows 10 1511 I lost the backup configurations of the Windows 10 Clients. I think the reason is the assignment of new SID during upgrade. Therefore no data on the WHS 2011 is assigned to the machine. The solution for this is to deinstall WHS 2011 Connector Software and then reinstall it using HTTP://<homeserver>/connect. Now everything works great again.

Have fun :-)

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:18 AM

All replies

• There was a problem with the latest W10 update (see below) but other than that, in my experience, there is not a fundamental problem with W10 and WHS2011:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9e03a85-ad53-4b35-9d3a-1b10a3fc91d9/w10-1511-10586-breaks-whs2011-launchpad?forum=whs2011

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:38 PM
  • Dear all,

after installing Windows 10 1511 I lost the backup configurations of the Windows 10 Clients. I think the reason is the assignment of new SID during upgrade. Therefore no data on the WHS 2011 is assigned to the machine. The solution for this is to deinstall WHS 2011 Connector Software and then reinstall it using HTTP://<homeserver>/connect. Now everything works great again.

Have fun :-)

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Not sure if my problem is the same, I have the issue of the WHS2011 connector not connecting to the server, "The server appears to be offline...". It's not I know it's not "offline", my other laptop is adjacent and it's OK. Both are Dell Latitude e6400, both running current patched Windows 10, I can RDP to the WHS2011 server from either.

After upgrading to Win10, and again after upgrading to Win 10 1511, I had to uninstall the connector from each machine and reinstall, that solves it. But on one laptop, every second or third reboot, it goes back to "the server appears offline..." I uninstall and reinstall, all good. the other laptop has been Ok since November 1511 upgrade.

File Explorer won't connect to the network shares either without entering a user name and password.

Any thoughts?

Saturday, April 23, 2016 12:59 AM
  • I've had this problem on and off with Windows 10 since I installed the final version of the pre-release. Then at some point after an update the problem went away. No problem with the initial released version of Windows 10 as I recall. Then, I think after 1511 it started happening again. It is usually resolved with one or two restarts. If not, I have to reinstall the Connector. Doing that is not a permanent fix. Seems to occur most frequently on my HP Pavillion lap top. On this machine I seem to have to reinstall the connector every time after a restart. It almost seems like something is occurring out of sequence during startup. Since my restarts are rare it's only been an annoyance. But, it's been happening consistently for a long time and something IS wrong!
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:47 AM
  • I've had this problem after rebooting for the last several months as well. The workaround has been to open the Services control panel and start Windows Server Initialization Service and Windows Server LAN Configuration by hand. The problem first started after a WHS client reinstall.
    Saturday, May 7, 2016 10:09 PM