Microsft Streets and Trips 2011 is Hideous Software RRS feed

• General discussion

• To be such late version software MS S&T 2011 is horribly ugly. The interface is clunky. The buttons are big and bozo-the-clown-like, obnoxious, and raggedy. The maps are rough, and jagged. I am simply amazed at the poor workmanship and design of this product, and I'm even more shocked that Microsoft would put their name, and stamp of approval on it. Really Microsoft!? I hope S&T 2012 is completely redesigned from the ground up, because 2010, and 2011 were a complete disaster. Until then I'm using Google Earth for navigation.
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Jude,

The default size of the toolbar buttons can be changed from big to small by clicking View > Toolbars > Large buttons.

Laptop GPS World
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:53 PM
  • (pedant) I didn't think Google Earth could handle navigation (/pedant). Google Maps can handle navigation  but hard luck if you don't have an internet connection.

The large buttons were actually a customer feature request - they make it easier to use on laptops/etc - especially when on the road.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com
    Monday, January 30, 2012 2:30 PM
  • Thanks for the commercial Jude.  You have a right to your opinion. In MINE, you are way, way off.
    Keith O'Brien
    Friday, February 3, 2012 8:43 PM