Can you schedule a Quick Campaign or Campaign to send an email at a specific time? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to send an email to 20 people using a Quick Campaign or Campaign in CRM 2011 but i don't want the email to go right away. Can you schedule the emails to go at a certain time?

Can you schedule emails to be sent at a given time any way in CRM 2011?

I find the due date and schedule date calendars at the bottom of the forms confusing and am not sure are these really only FYI guides or actually prevent an activity such as an email activity from occuring.

Regards

Dave

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

There is no way to schedule mails to be sent at a particular time using Campaigns. The mails would be sent immediately, that the quick campaign wizard is completed.

Through workflows, you can have the workflow to wait until a particular time before performing an action. If there are only 20 ppl, it might be worth to create a workflow to send the email and run the workflow on these contacts.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by David J Kelly Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

There is no way to schedule mails to be sent at a particular time using Campaigns. The mails would be sent immediately, that the quick campaign wizard is completed.

Through workflows, you can have the workflow to wait until a particular time before performing an action. If there are only 20 ppl, it might be worth to create a workflow to send the email and run the workflow on these contacts.

HTH

Sam

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by David J Kelly Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Sam,

Regards

Dave

• Marked as answer by David J Kelly Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:08 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by David J Kelly Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi David,

Would appreciate if you marked the post that answered your question as the reply to the question. This will help other users who happen to come across this post and have similar queries with identifying the confirmed answer to the question.

Thanks!

Sam

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:01 PM
  • Certainly Sam,

Hope i've done it the correct way now!

Regards

Dave

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:19 AM