none
Script to bulk convert XPS to PDF RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to be able to select source directory and it convert all XPS files under this source directory. These are located in subdirectories under the main directory. I then want them to save as the same name in the original directory just as a pdf. Free tools and trials from Docufreeze have proven unsuccessful.

again, if there is a base script or somethign to where I can overwrite with my source and destination, etc that would be great as we have no one on staff who if expert at batch or scripting.

I want to be able to select source directory and it convert all XPS files under this source directory. These are located in subdirectories under the main directory. I then want them to save as the same name in the original directory just as a pdf. 

• Edited by DiPietro23 Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:38 PM
    • Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:05 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:05 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:44 PM

All replies

• This is not a "Ghost Script" forum. Please post in the correct forum for your issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:45 PM
  • I never said it was...and I said I didn't understand ghost script. Others had mentioned it and it was too extensive for someone without Ghostscript experience. Did you even read my post?
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:37 PM
  • What does your script look like so far?

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:13 PM
  • I never said it was...and I said I didn't understand ghost script. Others had mentioned it and it was too extensive for someone without Ghostscript experience. Did you even read my post?

Just open the XPS and print it to a PDF file.  It only takes a couple of clicks.

Word can convert most things to PDF but not XPS.

You can also buy any number of converter software packages that can do this.

You can print any XPS with the viewer:

XpsRchVw.exe /p <filename>

There is an API for XPS documents but it is only available for C++.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:31 PM

Just open the XPS and print it to a PDF file.  It only takes a couple of clicks.

\_(ツ)_/

If you read my post it stated that I am not doing one at a time. Again, this is what I am trying to accomplish

want to be able to select source directory and it convert all XPS files under this source directory. These are located in subdirectories under the main directory. I then want them to save as the same name in the original directory just as a pdf. 

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:46 PM

\_(ツ)_/

I don't have one, we have no staff with scripting experience, and if I had a script I would not be asking so many questions lol. Even in worst case I would like to select many files - select convert to pdf - and have it auto save each opened Adobe document back to the original location, with the same name. But as of now each one that is opened manually needs saved back to the directory in which it was opened. 
    • Edited by DiPietro23 Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:48 PM
  • What does your script look like so far?

No script, no scripting experience so I figured I would ask here...
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:49 PM
  • Docufreeze, for some reason will not convert or diplay the text on ledger files, but if i right click the ledger xps and convert to pdf, it shows just fine. It actually did exactly what we needed aside from the HUGE part where it doesn't convert a darn ledger file that is only text inside..
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:52 PM
  • If you read my posts you would know that this is not possible in a script.

If you understand then you know this is not the correct forum for you to ask about third party utilities.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:09 PM
  • No script, no scripting experience so I figured I would ask here...
    Sorry for the confusion. This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:20 PM