Install the „Med Pub“ sample RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

can someone please help me? i want to install the „Med Pub“ sample into Zentity 2.1

I am using Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Pro x64

Thankyou.

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:35 AM

All replies

• Remotek, sorry I could not get this query. Which "Med Pub" sample you are referencing is not clear. Please update.

-Regards

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

i got to the point where i used "zentitydataimport.exe" in the client folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\Samples\ZentityDataImport\bin\Release

after importing data (5000 entries searching for "Journal") from ihe online database "PubMedOnline" i found the new data in the Dashboard, but its not published, its marked as "Not Started"

how can i set it to "completed" and use it in zentity´s visual explorer?

i also the the new data in the "Resource Manager" but i am not able to publish in the same server (current and target server are the same)

i have installed the President sample with the PowerShell scripts, and it works well.

how can i get my imported data to work like the President Sample?

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:06 AM
  • The zentity publishing services works independently and take unprocessed data from the database and process it. The check for newer data happens at regular interval. You can use the following powershell script, given in Getting started guide, 46.

4. Create US President Collection

Open PowerShell console

Import the “PublishingService.ps1” from “%systemdrive%\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\PowerShell scripts” as below,

. ./PublishingService.ps1

Run the below Cmdlet,

Create-ZentityPivotCollectionFromResourceType PivotDemo.Model USPresident

One more thing, it is not necessary that the data you have downloaded after searching for journal will all fall under journal category. In the above command replace the entity and model name with the intended one, as given in the dash board.

Please let me know if you have any further query.

-Regards

• Edited by Kalnemi Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:24 AM editing
    • Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:20 AM
  • why is it important to publish the data apart from getting the links in the dashboard?

if i go to the resource manager and klick on the data there before having published i also see everything in the pivot and in the visual viewer...

Thanks.

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:41 AM
  • Sorry for not being clear.

When the pivot is already published you don't need to publish it exclusively. Since, publishing services automatically checks for new resources added periodically and create collections, deep zoom images and publish and notify the same to the pivot. When pivot viewer starts it checks for all the published resources by seeing the notification and loads the resources as appropriate.

When you start the craete collection at will and at any given point then only you need to use the above power shell command.

Please let me know if you have any further query.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Friday, June 1, 2012 9:36 AM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 7:30 AM