File permission on sharing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm stumped on this one maybe some one can help.   2 computers with XP on them... wish to share files.  All the folders on one computer give 3 options for read only.  clear box, checked box, and small green box inside the check box.  I assuming that clear box means read only is turned off, checked box means read only is turned on for the file but What does green box inside check box mean?

Currently when I change it to clear box and apply the attributes it goes back to the green box inside the check box.  It has strange behavior because sometimes sharing works fine othertimes it won't share.  The biggest stumbling block is in trying to set up what files to share between the two computes.  Some software programs recognize sharing others do not.  I can't seem to clear out the little green box to a clear box even when I do it at the very base root directory or c:
    \ level.  Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!  -- Bartjhw
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:48 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:49 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:46 PM

All replies