view cases from sub-accounts in Customer Portal for CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am trying to retrieve cases related to contact's parent account as well as from all sub-accounts related to the parent Account Here is a scenario 

with "case access permission" set to account level, the view case only show cases that are created at the Account level only. 

Account 1 has sub-account A-1, A-2 

Case 1 related to Account 1 

Case a-1 whose customer is A-1; Case A-2 whose customer is A-2;

On the case view page, i can only see the Case 1 but not case A-1 and Case A-2;  How to retrieve the Cases A-1 and A-2

• Edited by CRM elite Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:06 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:29 PM

All replies

• The customer portal uses the CRM SDK to query data from CRM.  I do not believe that the CRM SDK natively will support this type of rollup, so you would have to build a custom module that could 'walk' the heirarchy, querying each level and then amalgamating these to a single view.  That would likely be incredibly expensive from a performance standpoint, so I would probably advocate that you consider using an ajax UI that could allow the site visitor to navigate through the heirarchy and see the cases that are appropriate at each level.  I have asked for heirarchical queries, even for heirarchical data such as the subject tree, but this is not yet a feature of the CRM SDK.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:04 PM