Computer lags or crashes randomly all the time after rebuild. RRS feed

• Question

• So some time ago my computer crashed and i had to replace the hard drive. I gave it to a friend because I did not have the time to do it myself and when I got the computer back it started acting up. My computer would at random times do one of two things which are freeze up entirely for about 5 seconds and then unfreeze and play a weird robotic buzz sound, or it will play a loud buzzing sound and crash kinda like how a bsod works but not a bsod just a frozen screen and the only fix is to hold the power button.

This issue occurs randomly the last time i had the five second freeze was 20 minutes ago and has happened probably five times in the past week. However I the last time i crashed was maybe five days ago and literally iv had the computer crash three times in one day and then one time in two weeks its crazy.

Oh also my friend had to replace both ram cards because they were fried most likely a bad power cable.

issues

- Five second freeze followed by buzzing sound and all is good.

- Complete freeze and loud buzzing sound hard restart is only fix.

computer repair changes

- hard drive changed from 500 gig to 1 terabyte western digital.

- ram cards replaced 

Computer info

- Lenovo B570 Notebook

- Intel I3 Pentium B950 duel core possessor 2.10 Ghz x2

-8 gigs of ram (originally had 4 upgrades to 8 then had crash and both replaced)

- 1 terabyte hard drive Hester Digital (originally "500G 7200rpm SATA, Hitachi")

- windows 7 ultimate 64 bit (originally windows 7 home premium 64 bit)

I don't know how this site works but IL probably get emails on reply's so I am a computer tech but this has stumped me to ask for any info you want I can easily get you cpu-z information and event logs.

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:05 PM

All replies

• Sadly this is the wrong forum as it is for Windows Home Server. Try answers.microsoft.com although the problem may well be hardware related.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:41 PM
  • As Phil already said - if you did not happen to use Windows Home Server for restore, your thread is off topic here.

Also sometimes it is difficult to determine - especially remotely - the causes for instable running computers. However, one rule is always to consider: Software cannot fix hardware.

If RAM modules have been broken and replaced, there is no guarantee, that the new are free of faults. A memory check eventually would help, but there is also no guarantee, that no other components on the mainboard have been damaged due to the electrical impact.

Other than that, a faulty, incompatible driver or malware can also cause reasonable headache and instability.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, July 7, 2014 7:03 AM