Using sync services to update master SQL server tables. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I setup my application to use the sync framework.   I have a master SQL database out there in the internet somewhere, and have a local cache in the form of SQL/CE (*.sdf), and I use the sync service to synchronize my local cache.  This works perfectly, in keeping my local cache current with the master, but does not work the other way around.   Should I make updates to my local cache and request that sync services sync my tables, the changes I made locally do not propogate upwards to the master.

Is there something that I am maybe missing here?  Or anyone have a good link to some documentation discussing this?  I will post code if necessary, but this is more of a general question.  What I did doesn't require much in the way of code ... in fact, thet only lines of code I am really using are the ones provided to me by the wizard in order to issue the sync command.

Thanks a bunch!

Mike
    Michael A. Allen
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 2:49 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, July 10, 2009 2:50 PM

Answers