Replacing Dell manufacture DVD of Windows 7 with an updated one RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I've bought a Dell Studio 1557 with a manufacture DVD of Windows 7 Home Premium, together; which is not updated to Service Pack 1

I'm going to install an updated version of Windows 7 Home Premium on it. But I don't want to pay for a new Windows 7 Home Premium DVD, again. What can I do?

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• "Abolfazl Hamidi" wrote in message news:30f93e65-4de3-474d-bd61-78efc534e61f...

Hi.

I've bought a Dell Studio 1557 with a manufacture DVD of Windows 7 Home Premium, together; which is not updated to Service Pack 1

I'm going to install an updated version of Windows 7 Home Premium on it. But I don't want to pay for a new Windows 7 Home Premium DVD, again. What can I do?

Install the service pack onto the current install, the way it's designed to do it?

What is your problem with that?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, May 20, 2011 11:43 AM
  • I think that the installing of SP1, separately, affects the execution and boot speed and some compatibilities.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:05 PM
  • "Abolfazl Hamidi" wrote in message news:72213c59-9b26-4996-9d9b-c4e9a1e0e5f2...
    I think that the installing of SP1, separately, affects the execution and boot speed and some compatibilities.

It shouldn't - you end up with exactly the same files present in the system. Although there may be minor effects from fragmentation, these will tend to disappear over time.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:27 PM
  • This forum is for the support of Windows 7 Validation (Non-Genuine) issues.

Your issue does not appear to be Validation related.  I recommend asking your question in the appropriate Windows 7 Answers forums at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Friday, May 20, 2011 6:51 PM