WHS 2011 Cannot Connect this computer to the network error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect my client computers to my new WHS 2011.  On all of the client PCs, I am experiencing the following

1. Enter http://<server_name>/connect
    2. Opens up the web page, and I click on the link to install the software
    3. After clicking "Run" It prompts me to connect using the wizard, I click "next"
    4. Click next on the "Your computer may need to restart" screen
    5.  Asks for the password, I enter the correct password for my Administrator account on the WHS computer, and click next
    6. I recevie the error message dialog "Cannot connect this computer to the network"  and "The server is not available.  Try connecting this computer again, or form more information, see Troubleshoot connecting computers to the server."

This occurs on three Windows 7 computers on my network, and does not work for any computer on my network.  All computers are connected via a wired network, through a router. 

All computers can see all of the shares on the WHS box, and can connect to the WHS box via Remote Desktop.

I've checked the online troubleshooting, and tried changing the name of the client computers to plain ASCII characters.  I am running as Administrator on the client PC.

I have double checked that the Client Computer Backup folder on the WHS box has all of the right permissions (Full Control set to Allow)

Anything else I should try in troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:28 AM