Gridview disappears when I select a row RRS feed

• Question

• This is not really related to CRM, but the page with the problem is opened from CRM.
    On an account form I added a button that opens the page, in the Page_Load event a webservice is called that searches a third party database. The result (matching company names) is displayed in a gridview. The first column is a select column, then you should select one row, then click a button that will create a new account record as a child record of the account record from where the page was opened.

But the problem is that the entire gridview disappears if I select a row! When the page is run from Visual Studio this works fine.. Does anybody have an idea what could be the problem here?
    Friday, October 9, 2009 7:20 AM

Answers

• HI Hassan, thanks for your reply, I was just going to update the thread with the solution :)

I couldn't find any info on this on Google (strange), but someone else pointed out that the databinding of the grid should take place in the Page_Init method and not the Page_Onload that I was using. That solved the problem. But I tstill think it's strange that debugging did work fine.
    • Marked as answer by Hanno Z Friday, October 9, 2009 8:24 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2009 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Hanno,

Is it just the grid that disappears or does the whole page go blank. You might get navigated to a blank page.

What is the code that gets executed on the row select? 

H.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/ | http://www.mscrmvirtualusergroup.com/
    Friday, October 9, 2009 8:21 AM
  • HI Hassan, thanks for your reply, I was just going to update the thread with the solution :)

I couldn't find any info on this on Google (strange), but someone else pointed out that the databinding of the grid should take place in the Page_Init method and not the Page_Onload that I was using. That solved the problem. But I tstill think it's strange that debugging did work fine.
    • Marked as answer by Hanno Z Friday, October 9, 2009 8:24 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2009 8:24 AM