Reassign Custom Entity RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am using CRM 3.0 and have a Custom Entity called Equipment. We have users that have permissions set so that they can only view equipment that they own. For 99% of the records this works fine, however, we have a few records that even after reassigning to a new user the old user can still see that Equipment Record.

The Equipment Entity has a one to many relationship with the accounts Entity and the owner of the account has also been reassigned.

Anyone ideas on how to resolve this?  

Friday, June 13, 2008 4:25 PM

Answers

• The System Setting "Share reassigned Entities with original Owner" was set to no.

If, however,  I Share the record for the Account (Parent Entity) to the user in question and then remove the Share permissions to that user for that record the user is no longer able to view the Equipment records (Child Entity) that they shouldn't have access to.

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:46 PM

All replies

• This is most likely to be due to a system setting - 'Share reassigned records with original owner'. It sounds like you'd wnat this set to No

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:26 PM
  • Share records and assign to owner.

Regards,

Imran

Monday, June 16, 2008 8:11 AM
  • The System Setting "Share reassigned Entities with original Owner" was set to no.

If, however,  I Share the record for the Account (Parent Entity) to the user in question and then remove the Share permissions to that user for that record the user is no longer able to view the Equipment records (Child Entity) that they shouldn't have access to.

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:46 PM