Synchronization of Word 2007 Document Files Between Windows 7 and SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've been using SynchToy 2.1 for about a month now and so far love it. One question that I do have is: How does SynchToy reconcile SharePoint folders with version control features activated with folders on my local harddrive (Windows 7 Ultimate) where there is no version control to activate? So far, I haven't had any particular problems doing so, but I'm wondering whether I might be corrupting the Word documents in synchronizing them so.
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:36 AM

Answers

• HI Richard,

It seems the Sharepoint only keep the last version in sharepoint folder, I just quickly checked. Yes, it just take or replace the latest SharePoint version in Synctoy.

Also the mount avoid press user name and password again and again, you are welcome. :)

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:05 AM

All replies

• HI Richard,

You can specify or map the sharepoint folder as the Source/Destination of the folder pair, from the SyncToy UI.

On Vista/Windows7/Win2008 OS and after, you can do mount the SharePoint folder directly (with "map network drive").

Hope it can help.

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 4:24 AM
  • Thanks Joey,

Actually, what I'm most concerned about is possibly corrupting a Word document stored in a SharePoint folder with version tracking on, when that document gets synchronized back to my hard drive, which does not have version tracking (either in Word 2007 or Windows 7). Does it just take or replace the latest SharePoint version?

By the way, I do love that mount SharePoint folder feature. It's terrific.

Monday, March 22, 2010 6:39 AM
  • HI Richard,

It seems the Sharepoint only keep the last version in sharepoint folder, I just quickly checked. Yes, it just take or replace the latest SharePoint version in Synctoy.

Also the mount avoid press user name and password again and again, you are welcome. :)

Joey Liang
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:05 AM
  • HI Richard,

Joey Liang

Hi, Joey, Is there some related settings or other tools needed if I wanna keep all latest versions? We have to store documents only. Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:53 AM