Send to GPS RRS feed

• Question

• I have S&T 2010 but can no longer send GPS points to my Garmin since MSN Direct was discontinued.  Is there a work around or am I just out of luck?  I can use google maps to send to gps via usb, but not S&T.

Does S&T 2013 allow "send to gps" without needing MSN Direct?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:09 PM

All replies

• I've tried it on S&T 2010 by saving the route as a gpx file and then transferring that file into the GPX folder on the Garmin Nuvi.  The only issue now is getting the Nuvi to recognize the route in the "Trip Planning" function.  No idea on how S&T 2013 does transfer to GPS.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:32 PM
  • In the past, I have used S&T 2010 to export a S&T route as a.gpx file.  It was great, I could build a route in S&T and save it as a .gpx which would load into Garmin's map managing software.

But with the newer S&T 2011 and 2013 the exported .gpx is no longer able to be opened by Garmin software (Base Camp in my case).

Can anyone else successfully export a S&T route as a .gpx file and open it with other software or load into a GPS device?

Last year after I purchased S&T 2011 I got connected to MS tech support but they could not address my issue.  Of course that was after I delete 2010 and installed 2011.  But they did give me a product key to re-load 2010.  Now I find the same issue on the trial version of 2013??

• Edited by ktm55 Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:51 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:43 PM