Close Order,related Qoute and Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• I have this requirement from my client where they follow a sequence of Opportunity, Quote, Order and they create a Receipt which is a custom entity. The requirement says that in the above sequence if the payer involved in the sequence of events changes his mind about paying for the product then if we close the receipt then the order,quote and opportunity related to it gets cancelled also and the related products status gets updated to available. I am not sure if this could be done with workflow. I don't want to delete all four of them (Opportunity, Quote, Order, receipt), but just want to keep a record of them for information reasons.
    Thank you
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:13 AM

Answers

• You might need a sequence of workflows. The first workflow would be triggered by the user closing the receipt and would close the parent order; cancelling the order would trigger a second workflow which would close the order's parent quote, and so on.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:25 AM

All replies

• You might need a sequence of workflows. The first workflow would be triggered by the user closing the receipt and would close the parent order; cancelling the order would trigger a second workflow which would close the order's parent quote, and so on.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:25 AM
  • Thank you, I will let you know as soon as I have it working for me.
    Monday, May 24, 2010 1:50 PM