How to run MPI Program in multiple system using mpiexec? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

Here I want  to run MPI program in multiple systems.

I used "smpd -d" command to run RPC server on every system. I create a shared folder and place my executable file and try to run my program using command 

mpiexec -hosts 2 host1 2 host2 2 shared_folder\test.exe

It shows error like

Aborting: Access denied by node 'host2'.
    The smpd daemon is running with user credentials which are different from the user running the job.

How to run those command on joined-domain account.Need Help!!

Thanks

Seshu.

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:03 AM

Answers

• Are you using the same user that you started "smpd -d" to launch mpiexec? MS-MPI requires that you use the same user across the machines running smpd/mpiexec. In addition, if one smpd -d daemon is launched with admin privileges, all the other daemons and mpiexec should be launched with admin privileges

Anh

• Marked as answer by seshu1729 Monday, January 23, 2017 6:19 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 4:33 PM

All replies

• Are you using the same user that you started "smpd -d" to launch mpiexec? MS-MPI requires that you use the same user across the machines running smpd/mpiexec. In addition, if one smpd -d daemon is launched with admin privileges, all the other daemons and mpiexec should be launched with admin privileges

Anh

• Marked as answer by seshu1729 Monday, January 23, 2017 6:19 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 4:33 PM
  • What does "using same user" mean?

Monday, January 23, 2017 3:56 AM
  • Understand. Thanks for your support.
    Monday, January 23, 2017 6:18 AM
  • "Using the same user" is a really important information! I spent a lot of time until I found this important information.

However, what does "same user" exactly mean? I am using the same Microsoft account on several machines, but that's not enough. I had to create the same local user across the machines running smpd/mpiexec.

Is there any way to use the same Microsoft account instead of local user accounts with the same user name?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:47 PM