"The ID formats of the sync providers must match" error, but when I make them match.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the SqlSyncProvider on one side with a provisioned database, and on the other I have written a custom provider and am using the provided, lightweight metadata store.

In the SyncIdFormatGroup, the SqlSyncProvider seems to always have IsVariableLength set to false, and the ItemIdFormat.Length set to 10240. If I try to set this in my metadata store when I make it, i get an error that the max size is 8000. If I try to clone the SqlSyncProvider.IdFormats, then I cannot instantiate my custom metadata store as it seems the one returned from SqlMetadataStore.CreateStore(fileName) expects different SyncIdFormats to what the SqlSyncProvider has.

How can I fix this?

Monday, August 2, 2010 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hi -

You have exposed an incompatability in our system. But unfortunately there is not much you can do about changing either of these formats. Your only option would be to create a custom provider that saves its metadata in a different store that does support 10240 bytes.

Thanks
    Deepa

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:28 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi -

You have exposed an incompatability in our system. But unfortunately there is not much you can do about changing either of these formats. Your only option would be to create a custom provider that saves its metadata in a different store that does support 10240 bytes.

Thanks
    Deepa

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:28 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Did you resolve this? I am getting the same problem and I dont really want to create my own MetadataStore.

Cheers

Alan

Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:01 AM