Qaulifying for the the "high quality win 7" free program with out the sellers address on the reciept" possible? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to try and see if i could get my conterfit version of windows 7 professional by sending a high quality counterfeit disc to Microsoft for free WGA kit. According to the faq i need to have a reciept with the name and address of where i bought it. I have a issue though the reciept i got back from this chinese vender didnt put a name and address of where its located on the email. Does this mean that it be impossible for me to qualify for this microsoft offer, since all i really have is the websight that i bought the software from. I did order this through paypal. Does anyone think paypal might be of some help here with this problem. According to paypal transaction it just says its non us/non verified. Would these crooks have to put there address in paypal in order for them to do transactions. Would paypal help out with this? Could this help me qualify for this program?
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:14 PM

Answers

• To clarify the authenticity of different retailers, I would recommend contacting the Microsoft Piracy team.  They will have the best information available about determining authenticity, as well as the capability of reporting piracy, if necessary.  To reach them, they are available by phone at 1-800-R-U-LEGIT (785-3448) or you can view their full contact information at http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/us.aspx .  Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7am-5:30pm PST.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:58 PM

All replies

• The crooks would have to be registered with Paypal in order to receive their ill gotten gain but if Paypal would release that info is another story. Good luck. I would check with the WGA site and they may be able to answer you better than I have.

Allen
    "torchlord" wrote in message news:313594a9-ddb4-40a2-9599-e6bda636b3ef@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I would like to try and see if i could get my conterfit version of windows 7 professional by sending a high quality counterfeit disc to Microsoft for free WGA kit. According to the faq i need to have a reciept with the name and address of where i bought it. I have a issue though the reciept i got back from this chinese vender didnt put a name and address of where its located on the email. Does this mean that it be impossible for me to qualify for this microsoft offer, since all i really have is the websight that i bought the software from. I did order this through paypal. Does anyone think paypal might be of some help here with this problem. According to paypal transaction it just says its non us/non verified. Would these crooks have to put there address in paypal in order for them to do transactions. Would paypal help out with this? Could this help me qualify for this program?

Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:19 PM
  • Hello torchlord,

Have you tried sending an "innocent" email to the vendor asking what their physical address is?  It's a long shot but they might provide an answer.

If not, send what you have....IMHO it will be accepted by MS.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:14 PM
  • I did send them a message asking them to give me a genuine license, and believe it or not they did send a respond, giving me another key that didnt pass validation.

Dear Jeff,
    Thanks for your email to tell us about this issue and we are really sorry to hear that.
    Here it is the new Key Product key, please have a try:
    FKxx4-6xx7W-JxxB3-xxJT7-Cxx6Y

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

So i sent this message back to them:

I did some research and i known from this microsoft forum(http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/a2444f34-0aff-4f29-a8ac-67e28b0c0285)  that you sold me a msdn key which is not legit, because it has a 220 in the product id. I dont wish to have another cd  key that will stop working in a few months. I want a refund of my 159 dollors please, other wise i will be getting ahold of microsoft.

I didnt get a responce back after that last one. I highly doubt i could con conmen into giving out there legit address.  Especially when there this savvy at cooking up a pretty nice looking fake of the real windows pro opperating system.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:18 PM
  • To clarify the authenticity of different retailers, I would recommend contacting the Microsoft Piracy team.  They will have the best information available about determining authenticity, as well as the capability of reporting piracy, if necessary.  To reach them, they are available by phone at 1-800-R-U-LEGIT (785-3448) or you can view their full contact information at http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/us.aspx .  Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7am-5:30pm PST.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:58 PM