Windows Live Domains Help - Cannot create new accounts. RRS feed

• Question

• We used to have our family website (mainly used for personalized family emails addresses) on Yahoo, and Yahoo Small Business Mail.
    We were having trouble with accessing mail on mobile devices etc so we switched to Hostgator. Now everything is fine here, but the webmail client by most hosts are quite basic, I found Roundcube to be the best, but most of the other family members aren't happy with this.
    I added my domain to the windows live domains, set up my MX entries etc, and its all good.
    Problem is, I cant create any accounts that existed with the same name earlier on Yahoo Small Business mail. I can create new email ID's but cant make the old one's which we all obviously want to continue.
    I get this message:
    "The requested account name is already in use or was used in the past and has not been through the required waiting period to re-use."
    And we never had a windows live domain before this....
    I can however make any accounts I want at our host's cPanel.
    Also Yahoo's mail service has not been completely terminated, its currently semi-active (cant receive emails, just view mailbox) so that others have time to retrieve their important mails etc. Could that be a problem?
    Thanks
    • Moved by Ken Warren Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:25 PM off topic for Windows Home Server forums (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

All replies