MS Money -- displaying the current balance of an investment account RRS feed

• Question

• So I just migrated my MS Money 2002 to MS Money Deluxe Sunset, and wondering how I can display the current value of my investment accounts.

For all accounts (mutual funds, GICs) I only transfer a bulk amount to the account.  I don't input individual prices or units.  Some of the investments were purchased prior to me even having MS Money 2002, so I simply put in the value of the account in the Opening Balance of the Change Account settings.  That I can manually change.  However, for some investment accounts (specifically GICs) that were opened AFTER I first set this up, I seem to be able to select "Account Update" at the bottom of the "Account Summary" page, and put in the current value, and it makes an adjustment to the total.  For mutual funds, I do not see that open on the Account Summary page.  If I put the current value in the "Estimated Value" of the investment on the "Change Account Settings", it then adds that number to the cash transactions and the balance it shows on the Accounts list is to high.  I realize I could just subtract the cash transactions from the current value, and then type the difference in the Estimated Value field, but that just seems silly. 

Am I doing something wrong.  Do I need to somehow move the "cash transactions" to the "investment transactions" to make this work properly?  It's not a big deal, and I have let it slide for years, but would love to fix this problem, or at least figure out how to do it right.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:38 AM

Answers

• I suggest you look at the Portfolio.

Investing->InvestingTools->Portfolio will get you there, but it
    is better to add Portfolio as a Shortcut to get you to the Portfolio
    in a single click.

• Marked as answer by pacollins Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:22 PM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 6:03 AM