OneCare and the internet RRS feed

• Question

•  

I feel like my internet runs much slower since I have been using OneCare.  It takes forever to go from one site to another.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 4:09 PM

Answers

• OneCare should have no impact on the speed at which your browser navigates web sites. It is possible, if you had not been using the Phishing Filter in IE before, that you are seeing a slowdown due to this, but that loading difference should be minimal. I would start by looking at any add-ins or toolbars you are running in IE, disabling them to see if that helps.

You can also try deleting the Temporary Internet Files, though that should also not have any effect.

If you are using any other security software - antispyware, antivirus, firewall, etc., you need to uninstall them as they would be conflicting with OneCare, which could certainly cause the slowdowns in browsing and actual PC use for anything.

If you believe that the problem is caused by OneCare, please contact support for help in isolating the problem and correcting it.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 5, 2008 8:15 PM