Problems withe date and time between Client and Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• I received an Acer  EasyStore H340 today and still after 5 hours of testing I can`t get in contact with the Server (WHS / Acer EasyStore).
    This should be plain simple? The only thing I got to do is turn the Acer on, wait for all the lights to be on and the start up my computer and install the client software....right?  Well, easier said then done!

For the 246th time I still got the same error at the end of the installation.  It says:

"The date and time on your home computer and home server differ significantly. This interferes with security certificate functionality. Ensure that the date and time are correct on both computers, and then install connector software again ."

The date/time on my computer is OK.  But how can I change the date & time on the Home server, if I cant get in contact with it? 

Can someone please help me?  I`m lost!
    Monday, September 7, 2009 6:53 PM

All replies

• I received an Acer  EasyStore H340 today and still after 5 hours of testing I can`t get in contact with the Server (WHS / Acer EasyStore).
    This should be plain simple? The only thing I got to do is turn the Acer on, wait for all the lights to be on and the start up my computer and install the client software....right?  Well, easier said then done!

For the 246th time I still got the same error at the end of the installation.  It says:

"The date and time on your home computer and home server differ significantly. This interferes with security certificate functionality. Ensure that the date and time are correct on both computers, and then install connector software again ."

The date/time on my computer is OK.  But how can I change the date & time on the Home server, if I cant get in contact with it? 

Can someone please help me?  I`m lost!

You should contact Acer for support (after all, it's their product).  Having said that, did you put in a server password yet?  If so, you could try using Remote Desktop Connection to logon to the server desktop (the user name is Administrator and the password is your server password), then change the time and time zone once you login.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 9:22 PM