Automatic share backups RRS feed

• Question

• The desktop client machines seem to back themselves up automatically just fine. The backup for the shares can be backed up to a removable disk but I have to start it manually. NTBackup only gives me one maybe two or three backup points if I use incrementals. The WHS backup gives me more retention since it does single instancing and NTBackup plain doesn't support it.

Is there a chance automatic server share backups will be added to the next power pack?

Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:50 PM

Answers

• The desktop client machines seem to back themselves up automatically just fine. The backup for the shares can be backed up to a removable disk but I have to start it manually. NTBackup only gives me one maybe two or three backup points if I use incrementals. The WHS backup gives me more retention since it does single instancing and NTBackup plain doesn't support it.

Is there a chance automatic server share backups will be added to the next power pack?
    MS has made no announcements about whether there will even be another Power Pack or not.  You can find out about the latest WHS info on the WHS blog site.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:56 PM