Turn off Skype/Lync integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to turn off the integration between CRM 2011 and Skype/Lync? E.g. when a user is viewing a contact record from Outlook, the preview pane wraps the phone number up with the Lync or Skype logo, and clicking on it will attempt to dial from Skype/Lync.

Is it possible to turn this off? If so, how?

Many thanks in advance! 

Monday, June 3, 2013 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think there is any way to do this, if you have updated rollup 12 and skype or lync installed you will get this feature.

My Website | My Blog | Follow me on Twitter | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, June 3, 2013 3:40 PM
  • bshah1985,

the best you have is to disable the IM presence, which disables lync users/contacts status on CRM. You can find this on Settings > administration > General Tab.

This will not disable the phone icon next to phone numbers, however a workaround would be avoiding phone numbers with the "+" or "(code)" first, this will prevent the icon from loading up.

Hope this was helpful

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Hi all - is it possible to turn off the default integration of telephone fields with Skype/Lync?

I have some javascript which triggered a custom piece of telephone integration using IP phones etc. However with the 2013 upgrade, the phone number fields all try to use Skype or Lync to make the call - my JavaScript is no longer triggering. Is there anyway to disable it so my old javascript will run again?

Kind Regards,

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:47 PM
  • Hello,

I believe the only way is to develop script that will turn off inbuilt integration through DOM model.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

• Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:56 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Is there a supported way of doing this?
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:50 AM
  • Hello,

There is no supported way of doing this.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:58 AM