none
Blue screen lock-up on computer. Windows 7. RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone getting this lock-up screen: Microsoft detected a security error due to suspicious activity. Please contact certified  technician at 1-855-223-9520. Https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com. BSOD: Error 333 Registry Failure of O.S. Host: Blue Screen Error 0x000000ce.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Anyone getting this lock-up screen: Microsoft detected a security error due to suspicious activity. Please contact certified  technician at <snip>. Https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com. BSOD: Error 333 Registry Failure of O.S. Host: Blue Screen Error 0x000000ce.

Stinks like a scam, don't call the number.

For help with Windows 7 issues, you can post over here (Participate -> Ask a Question):

Windows forums on Microsoft Answers

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:56 PM
  • I haven't called. But computer locks up; have to turn off, wait 15 min, then turn back on. Anti-virus programs dont detect it, so I can't delete whomever it is. How do you find a virus/malware/spyware that the antivirus program can't detect??

vicki coy

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:29 PM
  • I haven't called. But computer locks up; have to turn off, wait 15 min, then turn back on. Anti-virus programs dont detect it, so I can't delete whomever it is. How do you find a virus/malware/spyware that the antivirus program can't detect??

vicki coy

If all else fails you can always reformat.

Please start a new thread on this over in the forum I've linked to above. This forum is used for directing people to the proper forum for their question, not actual support.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Yikes. I know but that is a last resort, but will keep it in mind. Would like to find this worm or whatever it is and get rid of it. Thanks, Mike. :-)

vicki coy

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:41 PM
  • Cheers, you're very welcome.

There's also a virus/malware forum over on the Answers site that you can try as well:

Virus and Malware forum on Microsoft Answers

You might also want to try one of the online scanners to see if that picks up the infection. My favorite is HouseCall:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:46 PM