Just upgraded my Server RRS feed

• Question

• Ok guys I've just update my WHS today from my old P4 computer to a AMD X2 I have a small problem with the Gigabit Network adapter, on the disc and website are drivers only for XP and I do not want to install those incase something happens to the server, so I have found various drivers for the network adapter itself, which is a realtek driver, will these be ok to use as it will be server 2003 compat. Everything else went on like a charm
    HMG
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:26 PM

All replies

• You will have to try it yourself.
    Not always a Realtek chip on the board means, that Realtek drivers will work, in context with NVidia chipsets I have seen these chips working as helper (depends from the exact name) and requiring an NVidia driver.
    Good luck
    Olaf
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:35 PM
  • well then I need a server 2003 driver for the Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2H, like I said the ethernet is the only one giving me problems, all the other drivers went on perfectly
    HMG
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:43 PM
  • Hi,
    the chip Realtek 8111C has direct driver support by Realtek, so you should be able to use their Windows Server 2003 drivers.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Thanks Olaf, you wouldnt happen to know where I can pick up the driver, because I did look and every site I went on the link was broken inc the realtek site.

Its running ok for the moment with the XP Drivers
    HMG
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:10 PM
  • Thanks Olaf, you wouldnt happen to know where I can pick up the driver, because I did look and every site I went on the link was broken inc the realtek site.

Its running ok for the moment with the XP Drivers
    HMG

As far as I can tell, it seems to be the same driver for xp and server 2k3 so I would suggest you get the xp driver from Gigabyte.
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2775

however, this link to realtek might work: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=5&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1

/Bjurran from Sweden
    • Proposed as answer by Bjurran Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:56 PM
  • I could download the drivers from Realtek.com by navigating to Downloads, entering the chip as above and clicking on the download link. Here selected the first site in the line WinXP and WinServer 2003 Driver and download went on (a bit slow but ...).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:26 PM