Where is the logon information stored? RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to try to clear the logon information and add it again, but I can't seem to find where it is stored.
    Is it stored in a file or in the registry?
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 8:15 PM

Answers

• I found it. It's stored under \Application Data\Live Mesh. Which begs the question: Why is there also a folder under \Storage Card\Application Data\Live Mesh?

I'm guessing that's a bug.

However, clearing the \Application\Live Mesh directory didn't help. I still have the problem with Live Mesh starting but quits when logging on.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:07 PM

All replies

• I don't know where it is stored, but in the past the solution to clear it was to reinstall th client on the device.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 12:13 AM
  • I found it. It's stored under \Application Data\Live Mesh. Which begs the question: Why is there also a folder under \Storage Card\Application Data\Live Mesh?

I'm guessing that's a bug.

However, clearing the \Application\Live Mesh directory didn't help. I still have the problem with Live Mesh starting but quits when logging on.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:07 PM
  • For the second instance of the Live Mesh folder on the Storage Card, are you synchronizing data with the card or did you reinstall and had synchronized with the card at one time? If the answer to both questions is no, then I'd agree that it is a bug.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:22 PM
  • I've not been able to set up any  synchronization at all. However, to be able to log on the following procedure was necessary:
    1) Start Live Mesh once and wait.
    2) After it just quits, move the \Storage Card\Application Data\Live Mesh folder to \Application Data\Live Mesh.
    3) Start Live Mesh again and enter the login credentials.
    4) Wait for it to try to log on and watch as it just closes again...

:(
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:37 PM
  • What type of device is this?
    Never mind - just realized you have also been posting to the thread about the HTC Touch Pro device that Live Mesh apparently does not work on.
    -steve
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:02 PM
  • A norwegian HTC Touch Pro (1).

I am expecting a HTC Touch Pro 2 next week, hopefully it will work with that one (although it does not look too good for that).
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:04 PM
  • A norwegian HTC Touch Pro (1).

I am expecting a HTC Touch Pro 2 next week, hopefully it will work with that one (although it does not look too good for that).

Yes, I would say that it probably won't work on the new device until we see an updated client to address the issues people are reporting for the Touch Pro devices.
    -steve
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:16 PM