Change shared media drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I installed WHS sucessfully.  My main drive was a 80 Gig SATA drive connected to my mother board.  I have also installed an Adaptec Raid Controller card with 4 more SATA drives.  I planned on using just the SATA drives on the adaptec card for all my media.  however the adaptec drivers are installed in windows after the install, so by default WHS partitioned the 1 drive and setup all the medai sharing on the second partition.  Now that WHS is installed I have installed the adaptec driver and would like to transition the media properly.  I want to remove the uasage of the second partition of the main drive completly.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,
    you can't do this. Usually in a multi disk scenario with at least Power Pack 1 installed the DATA volume on the system drive is only used for data, if the other drives do not offer space for backups, shared folders and duplicated folders. The remaining stuff there are the folder structures and tombstones, which are pointing to the files on the various disks, so that access to shared folders can work independent from the file location.
    You should also be aware, that RAID is not supported in WHS.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:49 PM