Office 2003 professional - blocked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to download from office online but it says that:

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003:
    Validation Failed

The product key used to install Office has been blocked by Microsoft.

[0x80180114]

This happened about 6 months ago too, when i called microsoft they were extremely unhelpful and told me that basically if i wanted help i would have to pay.  It sorted its self out, some how, but i had to reinstall it last week and now i have problems.

My version of oiffice is genuine, my organisation bought it with my computer.  Any help, i would be extremely grateful.  Thanks Alot

Monday, May 21, 2007 9:30 AM

Answers

• I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine
    If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en
    Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.
    1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:31 PM
  • Hi, thanks very much for your advice.  I tried step 1 but validation failed.  I am now on step 2, the diagnostic results were all 'passed', but it still failed the validation, with the same code as in the original e-mail.  Just starting step 3 now, results as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-9F6TR-J26GM-YTKKD
    Windows Product Key Hash: dTcDwhlX33aMfV2pAlp+lk/+oCg=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2211906-00117
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 301c0baf-7690-465f-b7ea-84955017b362
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>301c0baf-7690-465f-b7ea-84955017b362</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YTKKD</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2211906-00117</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3811900597-1122841474-2052195564</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>FUJITSU SIEMENS</Manufacturer><Model>SCENIC Editon</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version> 1.00   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040401000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS> FUJITSU SIEMENS, FSC SYSTEM, FSC SERVER, FUJITSU SIEMENS</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>D409364F01842042</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Fujitsu Siemens Computers</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57325</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90A10409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office OneNote 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>70172-640-0000106-55457</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thanks for your time

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:31 PM
  • Claire,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.5

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the Office is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. First, if this comes as a total surprise, please go back to where you purchased the software and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses. Second, if you purchased this copy of XP from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

The key installed on this computer was not assigned by Microsoft. The key is counterfeit and was most likely generated by a non-sanctioned key generator. The product key found on your computer has been detected on multiple computers. Product keys are only allowed to be used on one computer unless otherwise specified in the end user licensing agreement.

Counterfeiters have been known to sell computers with Windows installed, all using the same product key, to unsuspecting consumers. Again, you may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office. Please review and follow the guidance @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine on how to become genuine.
    I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Claire,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

WGA Data-->

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the Office is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. First, if this comes as a total surprise, please go back to where you purchased the software and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses. Second, if you purchased this copy of XP from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

The key installed on this computer was not assigned by Microsoft. The key is counterfeit and was most likely generated by a non-sanctioned key generator. The product key found on your computer has been detected on multiple computers. Product keys are only allowed to be used on one computer unless otherwise specified in the end user licensing agreement.

Counterfeiters have been known to sell computers with Windows installed, all using the same product key, to unsuspecting consumers. Again, you may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office. Please review and follow the guidance @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine on how to become genuine.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:55 PM
  • Hi, sorry, i hope you dont think i am being stupid, but are you telling me that Windows XP on my computer is not genuine?

When i rang and spoke to Microsoft about my office problem last time he did say that it has a volume license or something like that, so i cant understand why there seems to be a problem now, as i only reinstalled it onto the same machine.

Thanks

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:07 AM
  • Claire,

The problem appears to be lying with MS Office. It is a blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK). 

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:38 PM

All replies

• I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine
    If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en
    Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.
    1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:31 PM
  • Hi, thanks very much for your advice.  I tried step 1 but validation failed.  I am now on step 2, the diagnostic results were all 'passed', but it still failed the validation, with the same code as in the original e-mail.  Just starting step 3 now, results as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-9F6TR-J26GM-YTKKD
    Windows Product Key Hash: dTcDwhlX33aMfV2pAlp+lk/+oCg=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2211906-00117
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 301c0baf-7690-465f-b7ea-84955017b362
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>301c0baf-7690-465f-b7ea-84955017b362</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YTKKD</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2211906-00117</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3811900597-1122841474-2052195564</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>FUJITSU SIEMENS</Manufacturer><Model>SCENIC Editon</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version> 1.00   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040401000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS> FUJITSU SIEMENS, FSC SYSTEM, FSC SERVER, FUJITSU SIEMENS</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>D409364F01842042</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Fujitsu Siemens Computers</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57325</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90A10409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office OneNote 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>70172-640-0000106-55457</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thanks for your time

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:31 PM
  • Claire,

WGA Data-->

Thank you
    Stephen Holm

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Claire,

WGA Data-->

Thank you
    Stephen Holm

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:55 PM
  • Hi, sorry, i hope you dont think i am being stupid, but are you telling me that Windows XP on my computer is not genuine?

When i rang and spoke to Microsoft about my office problem last time he did say that it has a volume license or something like that, so i cant understand why there seems to be a problem now, as i only reinstalled it onto the same machine.

Thanks

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:07 AM
  • Claire,

The problem appears to be lying with MS Office. It is a blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK). 

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:38 PM