Windows Home Server v1. Bare Metal Backup issue - Client Restore Wizard Cannot Find the Client Network Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All:

I am having an issue with completing a bare metal restore using WHS v1 and would like to tap into your collective wisdom.

I have a LenovoT430 laptop running Windows 7 (64). The HDD just failed, and I have installed a new HDD of the same size and brand.

I have a fifteen day old image of the old drive that I would like to install onto the new drive. When I boot from the WHS v1 client restore disk, the wizard cannot find the home server.

I have copied the "Windows Home Server Drivers for Restore" onto a USB drive and uploaded them. The wizard still cannot find the home server. I am assuming that I am missing the driver for the network card on the T430 which is why the wizard cannot look onto the network to find the server.

The wizard can find the "Intel Centrino Ultimate - N 6300 AGN" wireless network adapter. I have tried using an Insignia (realtek) USB Gigbit Network adapter. The wizard still cannot find the network card and the server.

The computer has a good wired connection through the router to the server.

Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

nT

Friday, September 18, 2015 2:09 PM

Answers

• Try 32-bit drivers for the network card as the recovery environment is 32-bit despite you trying to restore a 64-bit OS.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Friday, September 18, 2015 3:55 PM

All replies