3 computers in one care circle RRS feed

• Question

•  

had to reload OS on one computer xp sp2, cannot remove the computer, names match up, need to reinstall onecare on the third computer.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:52 PM

Answers

• You can remove the old entry from a hub computer. On the hub computer open One Care>Manage your One Care Circle, find the invalid entry and select "Remove this computer". If the computer you are reinstalling on is the hub you can open One Care on any of your other computers and designate it a hub computer.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:39 AM

All replies

• You can remove the old entry from a hub computer. On the hub computer open One Care>Manage your One Care Circle, find the invalid entry and select "Remove this computer". If the computer you are reinstalling on is the hub you can open One Care on any of your other computers and designate it a hub computer.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:39 AM
  • I am not sure on how to use Windows Live One Care on more than one computer.  I down loaded it to my mothers computer and it did not ask me it I wanted to "link"  it to mine.  What if anything did I do wrong?  Is there a phone number where they can be contacted directly?  What is the charge to use this after the free trial is over?  Is the charge after the free trial over the price I will pay for both computers or per computer in the "link"?

Thank You

Friday, August 15, 2008 3:32 PM
  • When you install OneCare in trial mode, you are given the option to sign in with a LiveID to use additional features, such as the Circle functionality

When you subscribe to OneCare, you must activate with a LiveID and purchase with payment information or provide a retail key. The subscription is created at that point. Then, subsequent activations require you to use the same LiveID and those activations will become part of your Circle.

You don't need to use the Circle functionality.

Phone support is available to subscribers per the instructions here: 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

In the US, an annual subscription for up to 3 PCs retails for 49.95, but many retailers sell it for less.

-steve

Friday, August 15, 2008 3:52 PM
  • I am on the hub computer and selected "remove this computer"  I get a message that says it cannot be removed.  Please advise

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:47 AM
  • It may be a temporary problem, since the removal requires a connection to the servers hosting your profile, but you should contact support if it persists.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:33 PM