Export XML Schema Content Model as Text RRS feed

• Question

• I see they provide a way to export the Content Model as an image but it does not look like they provide a way to export it as text.  This would be very helpful and I was wondering if there is a way or if anyone knows of any tools that can do this?

I was thinking of a format similar to this, tab delimited or in excel would be great.  

Element					min	max	type 	
    root
    	first child			1	1	xs:string			
    	second child
    		Grand child
    			GG Child
    	third child

Thanks, I figured I would ask before starting to develop my own solution.

Justin

• Moved by Victor_Chen Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:02 AM programming issue (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Justin,

Thanks for your post.

I suppose you expect to analysis XML file,

which language do you want to program with,

I suggest to post it in the C#, VB or C++ forum again.

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:46 AM
  • Basically I am reverse engineering a schema into a technical and functional specification.  I was actually hoping that I wouldn't have to program and a solution already existed  

Most likely I would choose C# but I VB would be fine as well.  But most of the process to convert an XSD into a text representation is pretty basic XML stuff.  The only thing I am not sure how to do right off the top of my head is importing and including external schemas.  

I guess I will start searching.  

Thanks for the reply.

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:56 PM