The English Name of "Hyogo Ken-ritsu Daigaku" is "University of Hyogo" NOT "Hyogo University of Education" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Microsoft Academic Search is really a nice internet site for evaluation of academic activity of scholars and institutions. I appreciate it very much.  Nevertheless, I am sorry to report here that the URL below depicts serious information errors as for our university:

The error details are as follows:

The English name of our university, "Hyogo Ken-ritsu Daigaku" in Japanese, is "University of Hyogo," not "Hyogo University of Education." "Hyogo University of Education" does not exist.

There is a national university called "Hyogo University of Teacher Education" at 942-1 Shimokume Kato-city, Hyogo, Japan (ZIP 673-1494).

"University of Hyogo" is located at 8-2-1, Gakuen-nishi-machi, Nishi-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo, Japan (ZIP 651-2197).  University of Hyogo was established in December 2004 as a result of amalgamation of "Himeji Institute of Technology," ”Kobe University of Commerce” and "Hyogo College of Nursing Art and Science." University of Hyogo is a prefectural (state) university.

Thank you in advance for your attention. I hope you collect the information in your earliest convenience. Please feel free to make any inquiries on this issue either to me or to Administrative Office of University of Hyogo (URL: http://www.u-hyogo.ac.jp/english/index.html, or, e-mail: u_hyogo@pref.hyogo.lg.jp).

Sincerely yours,

Hitoshi Yagisawa, Ph.D. 

Graduate School of Life Science,

University of Hyogo

e-mail: yagisawa@sci.u-hyogo.ac.jp

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi yagisawa,

Thank you for providing us with this information. We are currently addressing the issue and will have it fixed soon.

We hope you continue to explore and enjoy our site. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Microsoft Academic Search Team

Saturday, May 5, 2012 12:29 AM