none
Why does Find not work on the forums page? RRS feed

• Question

• there are dozens of forums listed on this page -> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories/

When I do a Find (in IE) and search for "workflow" (or pretty much any other interesting keyword) - I get "Text Not Found."

However if I copy/paste the text from the page into an editor, there are 12 occurences.

This makes it hard to find the forum of interest since you have to scroll down the page and read every freakin topic. 

Oh, gee, works fine in Firefox, yet another reason to stop using IE.....
    Toby
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Toby,

Currently this page is rendered via Javascript on the client, it seems IE 8 has an issue finding this text, it works in IE7 and Firefox right now.

We have a new release coming sometime in March changing the way the page is rendered thus will be fixed by then.

Are you using IE8?

Sam Jarawan Social Platform Forums - Senior Development Lead

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 7:32 PM
  • Nope, doesn't work in IE7 either.  Way back when, the old forum site was FF centric too.  Good to see everybody back, I was worried for a while.  Just need to get Rob back into the fold.
    Hans Passant.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:14 AM
  • If you're speaking about RobJoh (the forums dev) he's here...

I swore it worked in FF and one version of IE. Not in front of my work computers yet to test it out. As Sam said, the March release should take care of it, regardless...
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 4:12 PM