none
Constant "Unexpected Errors" in MS Answers forums RRS feed

• Question

• The "Unexpected Error" problem continues in all the MS Answers forums. This results in duplicate posts. This problem has been going on for months and is one of the things that makes the forums miserable to use. What is wrong with your forum software and/or your forum network? Other forums - many of which have far more traffic than MS Answers does - don't have this issue. Why can't MS get this fixed? Maybe using standard non-proprietary forum software would have been a better idea. At this point I'm sure it's far too late for you to change over to something that works better but MS should try and get all these usability issues finally fixed .
    MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:09 PM

Answers

• The "Unexpected Error" problem continues in all the MS Answers forums. This results in duplicate posts.
    No duplicates from that here.  FWIW when I am posting I am usually in a multi-thread view.  What frequently happens when I try to use Quote is that the whole page refreshes, thus losing my context.   That is a far more common and annoying symptom for me than the "Unexpected Error" symptom.   Typically just clicking on the HTML button and clicking Cancel is enough to prevent that from recurring on that Submit.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:23 AM

All replies

• +1

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers Forums Italy
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:13 PM
  • +1

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
    Monday, April 19, 2010 2:44 PM
  • +1
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:00 AM
  • The "Unexpected Error" problem continues in all the MS Answers forums. This results in duplicate posts.
    No duplicates from that here.  FWIW when I am posting I am usually in a multi-thread view.  What frequently happens when I try to use Quote is that the whole page refreshes, thus losing my context.   That is a far more common and annoying symptom for me than the "Unexpected Error" symptom.   Typically just clicking on the HTML button and clicking Cancel is enough to prevent that from recurring on that Submit.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:23 AM
  • I also just realised that if I have been logged out by the system while I'm typing a reply, I will get Unexpected Error when I hit Submit. I think I've probably been slow to pick up on this one.

The above still only accounts for a small proportion of Unexpected Errors.

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:43 AM