Problems with 'Fix It Centre' RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Reader, Have down loaded 'Fix It Centre' from MicroSoft Web-page with no apparent problems.  However when activating the programme, a pop-up window instructs me to check internet connection!  Please advise me if you have an untreatable bug in this programme because this window always pops up whilst my internet connection is always active!!  With my kind regards, 99John

Hi John,Check if you face the same issue in Safe mode with Networking.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222 Have a great day!

Dear Reader, Not impressed with your response. Instead of a put off question, perhaps I could look forward to either a reasoned investigation path or, better still, an assurance that this problem is not rooted in your processes. I can't be the only person in the world with the problem! With my kind regards, John.

Dear JonsonRobert, In my haste to communicate my reply, I overlooked the possibility that you may not be part of the Microsoft organisation. If you are not, my apologies to you and I am appreciative of your concern to provide me with assistance, thank you. However, if you do represent Microsoft, then I expect a more than just a one-liner! With my kind regards, 99John.

Maybe posting your question in the following forum would be worth a try: 

Fixit Forum
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fixitcenter 

Dear Reader, Notwithstanding the foregoing, can anybody assist me in this forum please? 99John.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:28 PM

All replies

• Dear Customer,
    Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta).  I'm sorry to hear that. To help us further troubleshoot the problem, I'd need more information from you to better understand your case:

1. Do you mean after you download the "Fix-It Center", then you run the .exe file, it inform you to check internet connection.

2. Or, when you run the troubleshooters, it inform you to check internet connection.

3. Do you use any proxy to connect the internet or use it directly without any proxy?

Thanks.

Regards

Harris Chu

Software Development Engineer In Test

Engineering, Community & Online

Monday, March 12, 2012 2:27 AM