Live Mesh fails to start RRS feed

• Question

• After using Mesh for 6 months it fails to start on my laptop. On mesh.com the devices is offline and cannot be remotely accessed. But it is the device I'm using right now, so this connection works fine

What do I do?

Kind regards
    Henrik Nielsen, Denmark
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please submit a bug with Live Mesh logs per this post - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e After submitting the bug report remove the device from your Live desktop, uninstall Live Mesh from the laptop, then add it again to your Live desktop and see if it will work again.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:17 PM
  • Hi Jim

I'm not able to do submit the bug. I've tried to run the "Collect the live mesh logs" 3 times, but I get no LiveMeshLogs.Cab file on the desktop. And I can't find anywhere else on the laptop...

It works fine on my PC, but that doesn't fail while using Mesh.

Sooo - what do I do now? Just uninstall and reinstall?

Kind regards

Henrik
    (Sorry about my poor english skills - hope you understand my afterall!)
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:23 PM
  • Your English is great!

Go ahead and try the uninstall/reinstall.
    If that still doesn't fix it, file the bug report without the logs. The collector gather lots of different logs. The Live Mesh team may ask you for specific logs to get manually and they will want to know why the log collecting tool isn't working, too.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:35 PM