This process cannot be created, updated, or activated because it was created outside Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application RRS feed

• Question

• We are using CRM 2011 and on roll up 13

We get below error when we try to save standard workflow.

This process can not be created, updated or activated because it was created outside the microsoft dynamic crm web application even though it is standard workflow.

If we try to update workflow using system administrator role and by login of deployment administrator still error comes same.

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Its an issue that was present in UR12 also, because of specific types of lookup conditions in workflows, I handled the issues by replacing the workflow with a Plugin that triggers when a certain condition is met when the Form is saved, not sure of your requirements but there are workarounds.

Here's the link that spoke about a similar issue and with it a reply from a CRM community team.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/103869.aspx#.UhrkoxvddoA

If it helped in solving your query kindly mark as answer or Vote as helpful

Thanks and Regards,

Darrel

Happy Coding :)

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Its an issue that was present in UR12 also, because of specific types of lookup conditions in workflows, I handled the issues by replacing the workflow with a Plugin that triggers when a certain condition is met when the Form is saved, not sure of your requirements but there are workarounds.

Here's the link that spoke about a similar issue and with it a reply from a CRM community team.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/103869.aspx#.UhrkoxvddoA

If it helped in solving your query kindly mark as answer or Vote as helpful

Thanks and Regards,

Darrel

Happy Coding :)

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Thanks.

As per link I have deleted all my 12-13 checks from a "If" Block and reconstructed again a new if with all 12-13 checks and its works

But its difficult to update where workflow logics are very big:-)

We are on rollup 13 and I hope soon microsoft will resolve this issue.

Monday, August 26, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

Glad it worked :)

and yeah i faced the same issue and really hope the folks at Microsoft get these issues resolved.

Regards

Darrel

Monday, September 2, 2013 6:19 AM