none
WPF only exam with .NET framework 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any WPF only exam with .NET framework 4.0 ? (I cannot take 70-511 exam because I have never used windows forms and I personally think that it becomes useless nowadays)

Regards

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

there's no special WPF-only exam, but 70-511 mainly focuses on WPF and things you have to keep in mind when developing desktop applications.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:19 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

there's no special WPF-only exam, but 70-511 mainly focuses on WPF and things you have to keep in mind when developing desktop applications.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Like you, I did not want to waste my time learning Windows Forms to the level required for the exam.  I had written in Windows Forms a long time ago and doubt that I will use it much again.  After doing poorly on my first practice exam due to wrong answers on Windows Forms, I did put some time into just memorizing what I felt I needed to on the material and then trying to relate anything I could to WPF.  (For example, the WPF WrapPanel is similar to the Windows Forms FlowLayoutPanel.)  Also, a fairly substantial amount of the material can apply to either Windows Forms or WPF (INotifyPropertyChanged, calling asynchronous processes that do not involve the BackgroundWorker, etc.). 

I took the exam recently and can only remember one or two questions requiring specific knowledge of Windows Forms.  Supposedly, they change the questions on the exams over time, so my guess is that they have replaced many Windows Forms questions with WPF ones.  Either that, or luck of the draw just happened to give me almost all WPF questions.  

Christine A. Piffat

Monday, April 30, 2012 10:13 PM