Chat Window Tabs? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Howdy,

Wondering if chat windows are tabbable?  (Multiple chat converstations in one window.)  Like other IM clients, Trillian, Spark, Pidgin, etc.

Thanks.

-Johnny

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 2:51 PM

Answers

• No.  The main client window does support custom tabs though, but not for what you are asking about.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:06 PM

All replies

• No.  The main client window does support custom tabs though, but not for what you are asking about.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:06 PM
  •  

Yeah, I had a hard time searching for it as, there are the non-chat content tabs that can be set up on the server.  I was just hoping I missed some setting somewhere.  Oh well.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 12:59 PM
  • No, not with Windows Live Messenger by itself.
    You can, although, with an extension.
     Messenger PLUS Live ( http://www.msgpluslive.net/ ) has options for a tabbed configuration.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 4:31 AM
  • It's baffling how this is "Office" Communicator and yet they expect us to have multiple IM windows cluttering up our screen. My company just rolled out Communicator and no one uses it for this very reason. It's such a simple yet essential thing.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:38 PM
  • I agree with Blake W_ - multiple chat tabs are a must when you need to conserve desktop landscape.

It's one of the reasons why we haven't deployed Federation/Public IM, and are allowing our staff to continue to use Live Messenger with Messenger Plus Live and Secway Secure add-ons.

However; being a Microsoft Partner it would be nice to have the tools we need from Microsoft instead of third parties.

Jim Restucci
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:32 PM