windows live mesh wont log on to home computer without permission RRS feed

• Question

• HI - I installed live mesh on my home computer and my net-book. All is well, except when i log in from my net-book to home computer it says "someone is logged in to the computer and requires them to give permission to go ahead and allow the log in.

PROBLEM -- when i am on the road there is no one to click the authorize button to allow the log in.

QUESTION -- how do i change my home computer to show no on logged in?

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:24 AM

Answers

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, February 18, 2011 11:43 AM

All replies

•  

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, February 18, 2011 11:43 AM
  • By the way, as long as Remote Connections are allowed, the connection to the machine at home shoul simply wait for approval for a minute. If nobody is active on the machine, it allows you to log in. There is no setting. Are you trying to log in with a different Windows user perhaps?

-steve

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:45 AM
  • Thank you Stephen Boots

You are right it is windows live mesh i am working with - so i apologize for being in the wrong forum but this stuff is for the most part Greek to me. In any event your answer was 100% correct and it does go through in 30 seconds. So right forum or not question asked and answered and i am most appreciative of the answer anyways.

Thank you 

Thank you 

Thank you.

:) ( supposed to be a big grin)

dacre2 in ottawa
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Glad to have been able to answer you. :-) You're welcome. And, by the way, the forums *are* confusing to navigate.

-steve

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:15 PM