Custom Workflow Activity: Bulk creating task RRS feed

• Question

• Now that there is a requirement, that on certain condition the triggered workflow creates tasks(Not Email) with setting the owner to a group of users of the same role.

My first idea is to create a workflow activity to achieve this requirement. I haven't created workflow activity before, and my original idea is to set the role name as input parameter and an array of users as output parameter.

My questions are:

1. Task dose not accept a group of users as owner as I know. And I have made a test that even I can set two dynamic values to the owner field in the created task, there is only one task created with the owner set to the first one of the dynamic values.

2. Suppose the first question is fixed. How can I set a group users as the owner of the task? I mean what is exactly to return in the custome workflow activity after retrieving all the users of the role, guids or what?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 22, 2010 12:20 PM

Answers

• You can't add multiple users as owner... If you have defined a maximum number of owners, you should be able to create as many relationships between task and users to set these users in the task using lookups (one for each "owner").

Then do an automatic sharing for that users to allow them to perform actions as if they were the "true" owner.

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete LauncherView Layout replicator
    ISV.Config Manager Form Javascript Manager
    Assembly RecoveryAnd others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Monday, March 22, 2010 12:24 PM

All replies

• You can't add multiple users as owner... If you have defined a maximum number of owners, you should be able to create as many relationships between task and users to set these users in the task using lookups (one for each "owner").

Then do an automatic sharing for that users to allow them to perform actions as if they were the "true" owner.

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete LauncherView Layout replicator
    ISV.Config Manager Form Javascript Manager
    Assembly RecoveryAnd others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Monday, March 22, 2010 12:24 PM
  • Thanks for you reply.

I can't do that even I create the custom workflow activity?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:46 AM