Cannot see all CRM contacts in the Outlook email contact lookup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How can I get all active CRM contact emails to display on the contact look up when sending an email from Outlook?

Here's what I'm doing:

1. New Email Message from Outlook.

2. Click on the To: button.

3. I change the search to Microsoft Dynamics CRM>CRM contacts.

I can see a list of contact email that are from "My Contacts" in CRM. However, I would like it to show "All Active" contacts and their emails. I thought this worked at one point.

On my CRM option >Address Book settings, I have it set to "match all" for contacts and records. I also have it set to update every 1 hour.

Am I missing a step?

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:50 PM

Answers

• I got it resolved.

1. Re-configure CRM

2. Run a Syncrhronize to CRM

3. Let it set for at least one hour. The CRM contacts takes about 1 hour or so to populate the email look up.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:48 PM

All replies

• you need to update CRM local data group to see all accounts as mentioend in the following steps

1. go to Outlook - > CRM -> modify local data groups

2. this will open up new screen which will display current local data grousp

3. open My Active Contacts -> then remove condition and which says Owner equals current user.

4. Save this change

Hope this helps..

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Mayan,

If I do this, will this actually import all contacts from CRM into the contacts folder of Outlook. If this is the case, I don't want that to happen.

All I only want is to be able to view all the CRM contacts in the lookup window for CRM contacts when sending an email.

Thanks for your help

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:44 PM
  • I got it resolved.

1. Re-configure CRM

2. Run a Syncrhronize to CRM

3. Let it set for at least one hour. The CRM contacts takes about 1 hour or so to populate the email look up.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:48 PM