Case Associated View with Custom entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on MS CRM 2011 and I have a custom entity called "Card" which is related to the Case entity N:1 (referential).

This relationship created a left navigation link on the "Card" entity displaying the view "Case Associated View". However when I click on it, none of the related cases appear obviously because it is a referential and not parental relationship and the relationship behavior cannot be changed to "Parental". This view works only on some built-in entities such as "Contact".

I am trying to find a supported solution to display all the associated cases on the above Custom entity.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:35 AM

Answers

• Display related child records in Grid has got nothing to do with relationship type. Whether it is parental or refrential the records should be shown in the grid. While configuring grid on the form you get the option to select related record and select Active case view. Please resetting those settings. Publist Customization and retest.

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:05 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:38 AM

All replies

• Display related child records in Grid has got nothing to do with relationship type. Whether it is parental or refrential the records should be shown in the grid. While configuring grid on the form you get the option to select related record and select Active case view. Please resetting those settings. Publist Customization and retest.

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:05 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:38 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. However, the left navigation link is the link which is generated automatically when create the relationship between the Custom entity and the "Case".

I will have to remove this link and add a sub-grid as you suggested.

Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:58 AM
  • While you are relating the two entity, on the same page you will get anoption to show/hide this link. Publish customization before testing.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:14 PM