OCS doesn't work with win 2003 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed OCS on windows server 2003 R2 and it all went fine. I have configured the users and tested as well. But after few days when I update the system with SP2, it stopped working. All the OCS related services are in "starting" state. I cannot stop or restart those services. I have even tried restarting the system but no luck. On checking the event log this is what i found. When the SP2 update is started, there are few errors registered there.

The WMI event provider timer callback has failed to retrieve the settings of a class. Will retry again.

Class name: MSFT_SIPLocalNormalizationRuleData
    Retry in 300000 milliseconds
    Error Code: 8007203B

The same error repeated several times with the class name chaging to the following

Class name: MSFT_SIPDomainData
    Class name: MSFT_SIPPhoneRouteUsageData
    Class name: MSFT_SIPGlobalUCPolicyData
    Class name: MSFT_SIPPoolSetting
    Class name: MSFT_SIPGlobalUCSetting
    Class name: MSFT_SIPLocationProfileData

When i restarted the server, the services are not started. They are in "starting" state forever. The following is the error in the event log.

Office Communications Server IM MCU Service could not be started.

Stack:    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Wmi.WmiConsumer.get_Msft_SipMcuSetting()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Wmi.WmiConsumer.get_Msft_SipMcuFactorySetting()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Wmi.WmiConsumer.get_PoolDn()
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.ImMcu.Config.ReadPoolConfig()
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.ImMcu.Config.InitializeWmiConsumer()
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.ImMcu.Config..ctor()
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.ImMcu.ConferenceManager..ctor(String[] args)
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.ImMcu.ImMcuService.OnStart(String[] args)

Cause: Startup errors.
    Resolution:
    Check the events prior to this to resolve the service startup issue.

OCS WMI Event Provider

The WMI event provider parameter 'timer interval' was not set or failed to be retrieved. Use the default value.

Timer interval: 300000 milliseconds

To my suprise, i tried uninstalling SP2 from the system and it didnt happen. SP2 uninstall got stuck at "Running processes after uninstall". Any help with this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, April 13, 2007 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Sujeeth_Tech,

OCS 2007 Public Beta is only supported on Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 and Windows Server 2003 R2. It was not tested on Windows Server 2003 service pack 2. The plan is to have RTM work on SP2.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:10 PM