Product Keys RRS feed

• Question

• I have been given the assignment of organizing all the software for our other store's computers (what a mess) and I found a version of Microsoft Office XP Professional with publisher (complete with certificate of authenticity and product key). There is no computer name on it. How do I know if it has been used or not? 

I am currently rebuilding my computer and if this is not being used I would like to use it, but I do not want to get into trouble by trying to use it and finding out it is already in use.

Thank you very much.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:46 PM

Answers

• Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:28 PM
  •  Marie44 wrote:

I have been given the assignment of organizing all the software for our other store's computers (what a mess) and I found a version of Microsoft Office XP Professional with publisher (complete with certificate of authenticity and product key). There is no computer name on it. How do I know if it has been used or not? 

I am currently rebuilding my computer and if this is not being used I would like to use it, but I do not want to get into trouble by trying to use it and finding out it is already in use.

Thank you very much.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:17 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:28 PM
  •  Marie44 wrote:

I have been given the assignment of organizing all the software for our other store's computers (what a mess) and I found a version of Microsoft Office XP Professional with publisher (complete with certificate of authenticity and product key). There is no computer name on it. How do I know if it has been used or not? 

Thank you very much.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:17 AM