locked
CRM 2011 online cannot save to opportunity form RRS feed

  • Question

  • We are using CRM 2011 on-line.  One user cannot save updates to the opportunity form, nor close an opportunity as won or lost.

    Here is what I have tried:

    Also cannot close opportunities as won or lost

    OS = Windows 8 64 bit 

    ASUS touchscreen laptop

    I have checked the following:

    Compatibility view

    Trusted sites

    Popup blocker settings

    Set the currency

    Checked time and date

    Turned off and turned on Windows Identity foundation

    Installed Windows Sign-in assistant

    Made sure his local account had admin rights

    Reset the advanced settings for IE

    Tried it unsuccessfully in firefox (this probably means that it is OS or Hardware, not IE?)

    Signed in as me on his computer and cannot save

    Signed in as him on my computer and can save (not a program permissions issue)

    Turned off virus protection (and then turned it back on after test)

    any help would be appreciated!!

    thanks

    Joe LaPaloment


    Joe La


    • Edited by Joe La Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:47 PM

Answers

  • Good job so far.  It is definitely isolated to the workstation.

    What happens if you create a new profile on his workstation and have him log in and then try again in IE?  I have seen Windows Profile corruption issues in the past affecting the functionality of the Outlook client yet everything else in Windows would appear to be ok.  If this works, you can just copy over his data and go from there.

    Also, please note that some virus detection packages still run in the background even when turned off.

    Is there some sort of backup process happening on the machine that may be stuck?  Any messages stating something along the lines that the workstation needs to be restarted?

    Are there errors in the event logs when this happens?

    Check his updates for both Windows and IE and compare to your workstation.  Make sure that you are not comparing apples to oranges.  Meaning different browser versions, Windows version and patch levels.  There are tools that will allow you to quickly gather all the information from each workstation quickly and run reports to compare them.  You can do a Google search to find one that is free of charge.

    Are there any group policies that this user is a part of that other successful users are not part of?

    If all else fails, I would suggest running a procmon trace while reproducing the issue.  It is a nightmare reading through, but will show you what is happening in the system up to the point of failure.


    Jason Peterson

    • Marked as answer by Joe La Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:35 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:59 AM

All replies

  • Good job so far.  It is definitely isolated to the workstation.

    What happens if you create a new profile on his workstation and have him log in and then try again in IE?  I have seen Windows Profile corruption issues in the past affecting the functionality of the Outlook client yet everything else in Windows would appear to be ok.  If this works, you can just copy over his data and go from there.

    Also, please note that some virus detection packages still run in the background even when turned off.

    Is there some sort of backup process happening on the machine that may be stuck?  Any messages stating something along the lines that the workstation needs to be restarted?

    Are there errors in the event logs when this happens?

    Check his updates for both Windows and IE and compare to your workstation.  Make sure that you are not comparing apples to oranges.  Meaning different browser versions, Windows version and patch levels.  There are tools that will allow you to quickly gather all the information from each workstation quickly and run reports to compare them.  You can do a Google search to find one that is free of charge.

    Are there any group policies that this user is a part of that other successful users are not part of?

    If all else fails, I would suggest running a procmon trace while reproducing the issue.  It is a nightmare reading through, but will show you what is happening in the system up to the point of failure.


    Jason Peterson

    • Marked as answer by Joe La Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:35 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Try with system administrator user role  permission.

    Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

    Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:18 AM
  • I have finally resolved this issue - it seems it must be a quirky implementation of the OS (Windows 8 Home).  Just for shucks, I went into the control panel and turned off a bunch of windows features, restarted the workstation, turned them back on, restarted again and all of the issues have disappeared.

    Joe


    Joe La

    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:35 PM