An arbitrary number of delivery addresses for a quotedetail RRS feed

• Question

• My customer sells products that have multiple delivery addresses. Think network as an example. A 100MBit link is delivered at two locations, and this case the number of delivery addresses (installation addresses) for a single product can be more than two, in fact, it is not possible to know beforehand how many. In CRM a quotedetail (and I assume orderdetail) has a single delivery address and can have one invoice address. So, I figured I'd just add a new entity (my_deliveryaddress) and create a 1:N relationship from quotedetail to my_deliveryaddress.

For reasons unknown it is not possible to create 1:N relationships for quotedetail to anything at all (what would be the reason for this?). So, what to do? Does anyone have a good idea? I can add a string field to my_deliveryaddress and stuff the GUID of the quotedetail into that, but that sounds like a bad alternative. Are there any good ones?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:10 AM

All replies

• Noone? Is it really not possible to add an arbitrary number of addresses to a quotedetail entity? At the moment I am considering adding a string property to my_deliveryaddress and stuff the quotedetail guid into that, but I am not too comfortable with such an approach. Is it truly not possible to modify quotedetail in such a way that it can handle 1:N relationships?
    Monday, September 27, 2010 8:32 AM